Tuesday 14 July 2015

You are a conqueror (yes you!)

J U L Y 14th 
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity: 
Calculus class in the morning. 
So. Much. Review. The current math chapter is unlike anything I've done before, so I'm putting in a lot of study time to fully understand the concepts. Hence the copious amounts of dark chocolate... I only had four small squares, I promise!
Having an interview for a new volunteer position 
Getting new library books. Oh, beautiful words on thick paper, I love you. 


Rest & Enjoyment:
Having a long & meaningful conversation with a dear friend. 
Reading my current novel Monday Mornings (almost finished!)
Listening to a Joyce Meyer message about standing strong in the midst of challenging circumstances.  

Take aways: 

A few years ago I discovered author and speaker Joyce Meyer. I saw her book 100 Ways To Simplify Your Life at the library, and quickly grew to love her ministry. This morning when I was listening to one of her messages, I felt the true and encouraging point of her words speaking to me. Don't give up. Stand strong. Having done all you can, stand. Oh, trust me, there have been times in life when my knees feel week and everything within me says "Give up!"And you know the only thing that keeps me strong? Being honest with God, acknowledging that without Him I can do nothing, but WITH Him I am a conqueror, a victor, and prosperous in life! 

Our time may not always be filled with beautiful, picture worthy moments, but when we recognize that our strength to persevere comes from God alone, we can make it through the "messy" moments (or longer times) of life. 

So I encourage you, dear reader, that no matter what you are going through or have been through, you are dearly loved. God has a purpose for your time on earth. You are precious in His sight. If you feel like giving up, proclaim the TRUTH about yourself: that you are a conqueror! Your time, just like you, is so precious. Ask God for strength that only He can give, and you will not be disappointed.

Much love, Vivi  


No comments:

Post a Comment