Monday 13 July 2015

What to do when you don't know what to do

J U L Y 13th 
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Much studying for physics and calculus featuring the new and already very loved white board! 
A work shift in the evening 
Planning my fall schedule 

Rest & Enjoyment:
Reading Monday Mornings with a lunch of hummus and veggies and two fried eggs. So yum.
Reading the book of James
Taking a walk through the backyard and finding blueberries ripening and a beautiful lily growing. 
Having a taste of a dark chocolate bar purchased at my favorite coffee shop yesterday... :) 

Take aways: 

A few weeks ago I had "finalized" my schedule for the fall. Haha, well! Today I received an email about a new opportunity that has me really excited. The dilemma? Time. Sometimes I set out a schedule and have to ask myself "do you REALLY want to do that to yourself for a semester?!" My usual retort is one of either "no, I shouldn't take on so much" or in contrast "come on! It's just three months! you're a big girl. you can handle it." If you didn't know, myself and I chat pretty frequently. The email is still unanswered as I think hard about this. To commit or not commit. 

And then I realized I hadn't asked God. 

Whenever I have a dilemma of whether or not I should do something, there is only one thing to do. Seek God, seek His will, ask: Lord, is this opportunity really for me? Is it from you, or is it a distraction that will keep me from accomplishing what you have for me? I'm going to keep pressing towards Him until I have peace about a decision. And in the meantime? Let the peace of Christ dwell in me richly, not worrying or carrying this burden. He's got it. :) 

Much love, Vivi 


No comments:

Post a Comment