Friday 31 July 2015

The Past Few Days...

J U L Y 28, 29, 30 & 31 
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Hi friends! These past few days have been particularly difficult on the post-surgery recovery side, so I decided that taking a full rest was the best way I could spend my time. I did take a few pictures, however.. :) These past few days were spent reading for hours, drinking plenty of tea, attempting to keep up with my math class, awkwardly trying to shower (surprisingly difficult) and sleeping more than I ever have. I had an emergency appointment with the surgeon after a bit of a scare, which ended up being a huge blessing to be assured that everything is going as it should. 

When I met with the surgeon this week he asked me if I was a student or working, most likely in an attempt to put me more at ease in the midst of great discomfort. I told him I'm doing pre-medicine classes. He laughed and said, "Well, this must be turning you off!" I smiled and responded honestly, "Actually, it's done the exact opposite. It's made me want to get into medicine even more." 

It's true. This whole crazy and confusing journey has done the opposite of what everyone thinks it would do. It's actually driven me towards my goal rather than away from it. To see how medical professionals have been able to help me is immensely inspiring.  I feel more driven than I ever have to help others the way all 8 doctors have helped me. 

I may be walking 1 meter per minute and sleeping 14 hours a day today, BUT! Let me tell you this, I am getting better every day. I am able to walk a little bit more every day. I laugh more every day, do more things independently every day. Every day is a testimony of God's goodness and His healing power in my life. 

I hope this encourages you, that no matter what you are going through, whether it be pain, heart break, depression, confusion, all these things that the enemy uses to try and smoosh us into the ground, God can use them to accelerate us into an abundant life full of blessings. I've already seen how God has blessed me in spite of what the enemy thought would absolutely crush me. Be encouraged friend, have faith that God will turn your situation around. If He did it for me, He WILL do it for you.

Much love, Vivi  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment