Wednesday 22 July 2015

Take that, Fear.

J U LY 22nd 

I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Finishing up my review for my Calculus midterm tomorrow morning! Whew. What a journey. (p.s. those slippers pictured above take studying to the next level). 
Working on the next Physics chapter 


Rest & Enjoyment:
Finishing Never Give Up by Joyce Meyer. I am definitely going to read this book again (and again).
Painting a watercolor piece. I haven't painted in ages. It felt so good to put a podcast on and whip out the peaceful watercolors 
Going to a picnic in the park with my church's young adult group. We hung out in the park by my church, had a bible study, and got into small groups to discuss different questions and pray together.  


Take aways:
Tonight I was faced with a "dilemma." I could stay home and study more for my midterm, or I could go to my church's young adult bible study. The thing is, I knew I had done enough studying already. I also knew that going to a young adult group for the first time by myself and not knowing anyone is kind of... terrifying. 

I was so nervous. Would there be cliques? What if no one talked to me? What if I farted really loud and everyone heard? (Okay that would be really funny, but so embarrassing.) My stomach was a flurry of butterflies as I weighed out my options. Deep down inside of me, I knew that I was supposed to go. The only thing standing in my way was fear. Fear of rejection, fear of the unknown. 

It's funny how fear can cause us to back away from having faith in God. Fear really is the opposite of faith. Fear is having faith that something bad is going to happen. Thankfully, God encouraged me to quit the fear and amp up my faith. And oh, what a good use of my time. Through the nerves and uncertainty, I knew I was doing what God wanted me to do, and that gave me a peace that really does pass understanding. 

There were no cliques. People were friendly and kind, and I made new and wonderful friends. I didn't fart either, I promise. ;) So, take that, fear. You've got nothing on God's faithfulness.

Much love, Vivi 

No comments:

Post a Comment