Sunday 19 July 2015

Take a Break

J U L Y 19th 
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Attempting math review questions. Key word: attempting. 
Going grocery shopping and getting my new ring re-sized.


Rest & Enjoyment:
Going to church with my family 
Having a BBQ with sausages, a big salad, and roasted mushrooms... :)
Resting for most of the day with lemon ginger tea, vitamin C, and copious amounts of liquids to take these annoying flu-like symptoms by storm. 

Take aways: 
I had big plans for today. After church, I was going to spend a few hours getting much math review accomplished. I came home feeling so tired and unwell that I slept most of the afternoon! On days like today, it's tempting to feel really frustrated and to grumble about a day "wasted." No one wants to spend a day feeling sick on the couch, especially when the sun is shining and your family is at home together.  

The funny thing is, I've noticed that it usually takes a day like this to get me to take a break. It's as if my body is saying, "Hello! Chill, girl. I need to rest every so often, you know." I've not really allowed myself much down time these past few weeks. The reason I made Rest & Enjoyment a category from the beginning of this series is because I knew it was something I needed more of in my life. Doing summer classes makes it difficult to slow down, because you're always thinking about the next assignment, test, or quiz. 

The truth is that even on days like today, I have the opportunity to honor God with my time. I'm still able to read His word. I'm still able to pray, to talk with my family and friends, to have a positive attitude, to speak faith filled words, to be kind. Resting is never a waste of time, but my attitude when life isn't perfect defines whether or not I'm using my time wisely. 

Much love, Vivi 

No comments:

Post a Comment