Thursday 23 July 2015

He Never Leaves Us

J U L Y 23rd
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Writing my second (and last!) Calculus midterm. My brain really felt it at the two hour mark. So thankful that this test is behind me, and that only two more weeks of class are ahead! 
Working on a Physics chapter 
Getting a few things ready for my surgery tomorrow

Rest & Enjoyment:
Watching Insurgent. I'll give it a 7/10.. Haha. I needed something to get my mind off of tomorrow, and an action movie did the job quite nicely.
Putting the espresso machine to good use and enjoying a cashew milk chai latte.  
Journalling goals

Take aways:
Today brought a whole mix of emotions. I had a challenging midterm in the morning that left me quite exhausted. Coming home, I had a big headache and rested for a few hours. Today I felt my faith being stretched. I had a choice, just like yesterday, to choose faith or fear. Faith that God will guide the surgeon and everyone involved in the operation tomorrow. Faith that my recovery will be faster and smoother than anyone could predict. Faith that I will be able to run, go on hikes, do yoga, volunteer, and work without pain. 

This has been an eight month journey. I won't go into too much detail, but I was in so much pain that I could hardly walk, yet I went to class anyways because I didn't want to get behind on the material. I didn't want to be "weak." I saw seven doctors before they figured out what it was, and hearing that surgery was the final option was more of a relief than anything else, a mark in the road of the beginning of the end of a very long journey. 

Let this be a testimony that no matter what we face in life, God is good. He never left my side through all of this. He gave me peace in the hardest time of my life, and I know that He will give me supernatural peace tomorrow and through the weeks of recovery. 

Thank you for your prayers, friends.

Much love, Vivi 


No comments:

Post a Comment