Saturday 31 December 2011

Goals for 2012


In the past at the end of the year, I would sit down with a cup of tea, a notepad, and a pen and furiously write down everything that I wanted to change. Which really, seemed like everything. My resolutions were never realistic for my life. There would be, "lose twenty pounds and grow four inches taller," or "find a job and make ten thousand dollars." Looking back, I realised that I had these "goals" because I wasn't looking at what my life did offer, and what God had already given me! So often I would be showered in blessings but could only see the flaws and mistakes. So, this year I only have one resolution. I'll always have goals, because goals keep me motivated, inspired, and driven, but as for resolutions, only one makes the cut this year. 

My resolution: To love as Christ loves me.

Yes, this isn't an overnight kind of resolution. It will take patience, determination, and a whole lot of kindness. But that's what God wants for my life, and for every unique human being out there. It will be an ongoing transformation. Every day I hope to learn more and more about Jesus. I hope for Him to reveal new and exciting things to me, and this is something I have full trust in. Because unlike my lofty and unrealistic "resolutions" before, this one I have faith in. And, this one is far more exciting than losing twenty pounds. ;)


I may have only one resolution for twenty-twelve, but I have an abundance of goals! Goals to help keep me inspired, creative, and joyful. Here we gooo....





1. Wear more colour. Sometimes I get in a rut of wearing jeans, black, and white. And to be honest, it's not nearly as fun as bold florals and mustard yellows! In 2012 I want to incorporate happy pieces into my wardrobe, such as the three photos below:

via here
via here

via here



2. Become camera savvy. Photography is something that brings me so much joy. I love capturing special moments, beauty, and colour. I recently found two vintage cameras of my grandma's from the 1960's, and have been attempting to figure them out. And oh boy, it's quite the challenge. I'm also on the hunt for some film, so I can take some genuine vintage-style photos! 
via here



3. Journal and reflect everyday. Whether it be in my actual journal, or here on my blog, my goal is to write everyday. I have always loved to write and share simple stories. There are so many thoughts running through my mind all day, that putting them on paper is the best.

via here

via here



4. Create drool-worthy creations Like that cake. And those pretzels. And possibly a three cheese parsley souffle. And don't forget the tiramisu cheesecake. Heaven.

via here

via here


5. Take photos like these:
via here
via here
via here

via here


6. Get crafty. Ever since I discovered Pinterest and a beautiful mess blog, I realised how much I adore crafting. My goal is to create fun and creative DIY ideas to turn into projects. 
via here



7. Create a photo board for my room. Think something along the lines of the picture below, but add more photography!



via here

8. Laugh more. Chuckle. Giggle. Find happiness in the little things. How? Cue next goal... :)
9. Spend more time with friends. I'm a little bit of a nerd. No, a hard-core nerd. So, I spend a lot of time at my desk "homeworking" and studying. I can be over-ambitious at times, and unknowingly neglect important people in my life. But something I love a lot more than school work are my friends. My final goal for 2012 is to make unforgettable memories with my friends and just enjoy! :) 


What goals are you working towards this new year?


Much love, Vivi

2 comments:

  1. I have similar goals as you for this 2012. And maybe I could add.. getting more fit this new year. :)

    Thanks for the lovely comment you left in my post dear.. I'm your new follower.

    xxx
    Donah
    www.mnemonicreveries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! That cake is amazing! I love all these pictures. Makes me wish I used more in my post like this! <3

    ReplyDelete